Friday, August 19, 2011

Why do I camp?

Why do I camp

I am writing from the Dolly Copp campground in the White Mountain National Forest. it is early morning and it is cool and sunny with the early light filtering through the trees. I slept well on my thermarest mattress and am ready to begin my day. I camp so that I can wake up in a place like this to enjoy the sounds and sights of nature, breathe the clean air and smile.
I am thinking of my day. yesterday I did a 4 hour hike towards the peak of Mt Washington. It was a challenge and today I feel fine, no sore knees. Today I may put my kayak into the Androskoggin River and climb more or drive on to Maine. I have no set itinerary, which is the way I like it.
I have been in New England for over a month. I have spent a lot of time with family, camped at Cape Cod, traveled to Henniker NH to visit John and did some great kayaking and swimming in the Concoocook river. then on to Burlington Vermont, the most picturesque city I have seen other than Lunenbu

rg Nova Scotia.
my last stop will be Gouldsboro Maine. I lived there for 5 years in my 20's. Matt, was born there and luckily I still have a friend who lives on the shores of Frenchmans Bay and is willing to put me up as there is no good camping in the area.
I love being out in Nature. It gives me a peaceful, tranquil feeling. I love using my body to bike, hike, swim, boat, walk. I love my lone time but I love being with people and animals as well. I am really thankful I can do this and want to continue till I can't .
Love
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment