Friday, August 19, 2011

Maine and Jeremy's place



Matt was born in 1973 when Dustin and I lived in Gouldsboro, Me. we were there for 4 years at his place on the Pond rd. It was a camp that he remodeled. it had no electricity then, only well water but it was a place where you had time to think, read, meditate and work hard. I went back and revisited the house this summer. it looked the same really with the addition of some chickens. the new owners have a generator for their electricity. hard to believe but the Federal rural electrification act expired in the sixties so in 2011 this house on a main rd. has none, too expensive to pay for.
I stayed at Jeremy's place. How to describe it. down a long rd, a once elegant hotel on the shores of Frenchmans Bay is now old but still kind of elegant. It was good to see Jeremy again, a friend for 40 years. he is still here, working for the Democrats, keeping up his place, involved in town politics and playing some great Blues guitar. He loved my cooking and I loved being there, like coming home. I also got to visit with two friends from yesteryear.
Highlights were riding my bike around Schoodic Peninsula, kayaking in front of Jeremys, collecting mussels and falling in the mud, and visiting old, dear friends. I will be back
again.
The first photo was taken while bicycling around Schoodic Peninsula and the second is the view in front of Jeremy's place



No comments:

Post a Comment