Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8th -A fast sail in a colorful boat

another beautiful day July 8th 2010

After the heat wave, it feels so good to sit with the wind blowing on my back.  I have discovered that I can sit at the library on a bench, plug my computer into the electrcify and hook into their fast internet connection.  I also have a broadband for the campsite but no electricity.  
I guess I should call this blog, miss thrifty as I Iove to save money and have fun too.  yes, I can retire and do a lot with a little.  camping is the key or hosteling and cooking for yourself or being satisfied with sardines and crackers.  yes this is my thing but if it could be yours, I am encouraging you to go for it.  

I spent today at Cliff Pond.  Lots of Cliffs in my life.  It was too windy to canoe but the sailing was great.  so I asked my neighbor for a ride on his catamaran. and it was sooo great.  we were flying.  Went for a long swim, lay in my hammock and rocked myself in the cool shade.  No watch, no appointments, and puttering around the campsite doing this and that doesn't feel like work. 
I am enjoying my solo time.  In 2 days my family arrives and there will be 11 of us in 2 campsites for 1 week.  then they will be gone again.  I did invite friends for my last t0 days and Kyle, Amy and baby Skye will be driving straight through from Atlanta.  But I don't plan on being the hostess with the mostess.  I will share my campsite  and my kitchen but don't plan on shopping cooking and doing dishes.  

I miss all my friends.  hugs and kisses to you all.  
From Susan (alias Frizzmop)  I do start looking a little wild living outdoors you know.  I am off to kayak before it gets dark

No comments:

Post a Comment