Friday, July 23, 2010

A day in the life of Susan

July 22, 2010

I am feeling very happy these days.  Yesterday I moved to my new campsite and it is sooo ideal.  my site is at the end of a dead end road with the lake below me.  I can canoe, swim, yoga on the beach, bike and hike without ever leaving my campsite.  With my broadband stick I even have access to the internet.  .  It just a really nice place to be. 

I am writing by the light of my Coleman lantern while daddy long leg spiders cruise by.  I have always liked these special insects.  they are large but they don't bite.  I don't care much for the dive bomber beetles though.  

am expecting Atlanta friends tomorrow so It will get busy.  I actually like my solo time very much.  I am never bored or lonely. 

today I took a long bike ride just within the park.  lots of hills up and downs.  Nickerson State Park has about 35 miles of paved bike paths through the forests. 
After resting in my hammock, I  carried my canoe down to the lake and went out on my boat.  then I swam for a bunch.  then I waited to take a picture of the sunset on the lake. 

I wash my clothes by hand and hang them to dry.  I love to do this simple chore.  It is a whole lot better than feeding quarters into a machine and hanging around waiting.

The photo is of CliffIda, my loved trailer.  







I go to bed early by Atlanta standards and am up early.


 

good night to you, and you, and you, and you and you
love
susan

No comments:

Post a Comment