Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm no great writer but wanted to share what I am up to

Locust Lake State Park Pennsylvania June 22, 2010

Stopping for the night on my way to MA.  Locust state park was on the map and was tired after driving 400miles.  

What a beautiful place.  no phone coverage or Internet but I am very happy.  took a long bike ride along the lake.  now i am sitting with my computer plugged into the elec a tri city.  soft classical music, a glass of wine and the promise of a comfortable bed.  

I feel like I have discovered a place where I will stop again as I see myself  driving this route often between Worcester, MA where Ida is and Atlanta where I am, sort of kinda.  At least where my house and many dear friends are.  but I think I will call it my base camp from now on.  

tomorrow evening I hope to arrive in Worcester after stopping in Albany to paddle and eyeball a canoe/Kayak that I am thinking seriously of buying because it is only 10.5 feet long and weighs 15 pounds with the added benefit of being made of kevlar (synonymous with indestructible.)  

I feel great but like everyone else I am very sad about the oil spill and the destruction to our oceans, marshes, ecosystem.wildlife.   there is a pain that just doesn't go away.  Like so many others I feel helpless.  I can drive less.  once I arrive I will not go far in my toyota corolla (30 miles per gallon)

So begins my journey.  I suppose people may wonder why I go off alone and camp and want to live outside.  It is just me.  My personality was formed as a child when we would camp as a family all summer long.  I will have my family with me for 1 week in the same campground of my youth, Nickerson State Park on Cape Cod, Ma.  I have invited lots of people to join me as I have a site for 24 days and want to share.  fly up to Boston , rent a car and  enjoy.  I wont entertain you or feed you but I will share my campsite and provisions gladly.  

I will be writing again.  Peace and love be with you.  

Hugs
susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment